If you are wanting to sell your Bluthner piano we are looking for pianos of this make. We are especially interested in pre-”iron curtain” Bluthner’s in rosewood and also modern uprights and modern grands. We are not keen on pianos of this make between the “iron curtain” period (around 1945 to 1991).
If you are thinking of selling your Grotrian piano we are interested in these German instruments. We are especially keen on modern concert grand Grotrians and uprights from 1910.
Do you have a Knight upright for sale? If you are thinking of selling your Knight piano we are interested in purchasing this make. We are especially interested in buying those made between 1960-1980.
If you are thinking of selling your Steinway piano we are interested in purchasing this make. We are especially interested pre-war Steinways in rosewood and also modern uprights and modern grands.
If your piano is not on the above list please send an email with the following photos:
The first stage of our piano valuation service, begins with an email containing the information below. Answer these questions as best as you can as that will help us give you a more accurate estimate.
- Is it an upright or a grand piano?
- Make of piano, height of upright or length of grand
(measured from the front of the keys to the back of the piano)
- Serial number if available
- How much use has the piano had, if known
- Is the casework in original condition as far as you know
- Brief comments on the condition of the piano in general
Send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The piano taken from the front slightly to one side (for grand pianos please make sure the lid is up and the music desk is shown) – Grand / Upright
- Close-up of the keys and name – Grand / Upright
- Close-up of the front with the lid closed – Grand / Upright
- The serial number of the piano on the frame or elsewhere if you can find it – Grand / Upright
- About 10 hammers in the mid treble taken from above showing the indentation in the end of them – Grand / Upright
- The strings and tuning pins taken towards from the middle, showing where the strings are wound onto the tuning pins – Grand / Upright
- The soundboard behind or under the strings – Grand / Upright
- Any obvious defects
For a quote on your piano please click here with piano make, model, serial number, estimated age and pictures of the piano. Other makes of piano that we are looking for: Challen, Fazer (upright), Feurich, Gors and Kallman, Ibach, John Broadwood, Kaps (upright), Kawai, Kemble, Knight, Richard Lipp (grand), Sauter, Seiler, Steinway, Welmar,… Please enquire for other makes.