SELL MY GROTRIAN STEINWEG PIANO
Were interested in this German manufacturer and are keen on both upright and Grotrian Steinweg grand pianos.
Brief information on Grotrian Steinweg pianos
Established by Friedrich Grotrian in 1835 with the philosophy of uncompromised quality. He teamed up with Theodor Steinweg in 1858, hence the name “Grotrian-Steinweg”. Friedrich died in 1860 leaving his enterprise to his son. Several years later in 1865 Theodor sold his share of the company to Wilhelm and left the company. Grotrian continues in its production of top quality grands and uprights as it has done throughout 6 generations. For more information on Grotrian Steinweg please click here.
SEND IN AN EMAIL
The first stage of our piano valuation service, begins with an email containing the information below. Answer these questions as best as you can as that will help us give you a more accurate estimate.
- Is it an upright or a grand piano?
- Make of piano, height of upright or length of grand
(measured from the front of the keys to the back of the piano)
- Serial number if available
- How much use has the piano had, if known
- Is the casework in original condition as far as you know
- Brief comments on the condition of the piano in general
Send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The piano taken from the front slightly to one side (for grand pianos please make sure the lid is up and the music desk is shown) – Grand / Upright
- Close-up of the keys and name – Grand / Upright
- Close-up of the front with the lid closed – Grand / Upright
- The serial number of the piano on the frame or elsewhere if you can find it – Grand / Upright
- About 10 hammers in the mid treble taken from above showing the indentation in the end of them – Grand / Upright
- The strings and tuning pins taken towards from the middle, showing where the strings are wound onto the tuning pins – Grand / Upright
- The soundboard behind or under the strings – Grand / Upright
- Any obvious defects
For a quote on your piano please click here with piano make, model, serial number, estimated age and pictures of the piano. Other makes of piano that we are looking for: Challen, Fazer (upright), Feurich, Gors and Kallman, Ibach, John Broadwood, Kaps (upright), Kawai, Kemble, Knight, Richard Lipp (grand), Sauter, Seiler, Steinway, Welmar,… Please enquire for other makes.