BRIEF INFORMATION ON KAWAI PIANOS
Kawai pianos were established in Hamamatzu, Japan in 1927. In 1963 Kawai Europe was founded though it is not until about 1970 that we see any significant number of Kawais coming into the UK. The period of manufacture from then until about 1990 is of an exceptionally high standard. Gradually the less expensive Kawai uprights began to be made in Indonesia and China, with grand pianos following on from about 1995. In 2012, Kawai released their Concert Series, Shigeru Kawai, which are distinguished for their excellent sound and build. For information on new Kawai pianos please see the Kawai upright and grand pages.
SEND IN AN EMAIL
The first stage of our piano valuation service, begins with an email containing the information below. Answer these questions as best as you can as that will help us give you a more accurate estimate.
- Is it an upright or a grand piano?
- Make of piano, height of upright or length of grand
(measured from the front of the keys to the back of the piano)
- Serial number if available
- How much use has the piano had, if known
- Is the casework in original condition as far as you know
- Brief comments on the condition of the piano in general
Send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The piano taken from the front slightly to one side (for grand pianos please make sure the lid is up and the music desk is shown) – Grand / Upright
- Close-up of the keys and name – Grand / Upright
- Close-up of the front with the lid closed – Grand / Upright
- The serial number of the piano on the frame or elsewhere if you can find it – Grand / Upright
- About 10 hammers in the mid treble taken from above showing the indentation in the end of them – Grand / Upright
- The strings and tuning pins taken towards from the middle, showing where the strings are wound onto the tuning pins – Grand / Upright
- The soundboard behind or under the strings – Grand / Upright
- Any obvious defects
For a quote on your piano please click here with piano make, model, serial number, estimated age and pictures of the piano. Other makes of piano that we are looking for: Challen, Fazer (upright), Feurich, Gors and Kallman, Ibach, John Broadwood, Kaps (upright), Kawai, Kemble, Knight, Richard Lipp (grand), Sauter, Seiler, Steinway, Welmar,… Please enquire for other makes.