If you are thinking of selling your Grotian piano we are interested in these German instruments. We are keen on Grotrian Steinweg upright and grand pianos.
Please send us an email with the following information to: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01865 240634 (At this stage, you don’t need to send any photographs, though they would be useful to assess more accurately how much your piano is worth.)
- Is it an upright or a grand?
- Make of piano?
- Height of upright or the length of the grand: (measured from the front of the keys to the back of the pianos
- Serial number if available
- How much use has the piano had?, if known
- Is the casework in original condition?
- Brief comments on the condition of the piano in general?
Taking photos: (If you take photos, please could you supply the following. Please try to fit as many photos as possible into one email)
- The piano taken from the front slightly to one side
- Close-up of the keys and name
- Close-up of the front with the lid closed
- The serial number or the piano on the frame or elsewhere if you can find it
- About 10 hammers in the mid treble taken from above showing the indentation in the end of them
- The strings and tuning pins taken towards from the middle, showing especially where the strings are wound onto the tuning pins
- The soundboard behind or under the strings
- Any obvious defects
Brief information on Grotrian pianos: Established by Friedrich Grotrian in 1835 with the philosophy of uncompromised quality. He teamed up with Theodor Steinweg in 1858, hence the name “Grotrian-Steinweg”. Friedrich died in 1860 leaving his enterprise to his son. Several years later in 1865 Theodor sold his share of the company to Wilhelm and left the company. Grotrian continues in its production of top quality grands and uprights as it has done throughout 6 generations. For more information on Grotrian Steinweg please click here.
For a quote on your piano please send us an email with the piano make, model, serial number, estimated age and pictures of the piano to: email@example.com Other makes of piano that we are looking for: Allison (baby grand), Bechstein, Challen, Chappell, Fazer (upright), Feurich, Gors and Kallman, Ibach, John Broadwood, Kaps (upright), Kawai, Kemble, Knight, Richard Lipp (grand), Rogers (George), Sauter, Seiler, Steinway, Welmar, Zender… Please enquire for other makes.