If you are thinking of selling your Steinway piano we are interested in purchasing most, especially grands. There was a good period of pre-war Steinway pianos and also a high quality period of modern upright and grand pianos from about 1960.
MOST COMMON STEINWAY PIANOS IN THE UK
- Model O Length 5′ 10½” (180cm): usually Rosewood or Mahogany. Earlier ones with turned legs and later with square tapered the best have a rich, full and powerful tone
- Model A Length 6′ 2″ (188cm): usually rosewood or mahogany, earlier ones with turned legs and later with square tapered. The best have a rich, full and powerful tone
- Other models represent the other 30% of used Steinway grand pianos in the UK
- Model V Height 125 cm, Length 152,5 cm, depth 67,5 cm
- Model K Height 132 cm, Length 152,5 cm, depth 68 cm
- Most modern used Steinway pianos in the UK are generally black
We offer a more comprehensive list of steinway pianos. Please see our Steinway page)
The first stage of our piano valuation service, begins with an email containing the information below. Answer these questions as best as you can as that will help us give you a more accurate estimate.
- Is it an upright or a grand piano?
- Make of piano, height of upright or length of grand
(measured from the front of the keys to the back of the piano)
- Serial number if available
- How much use has the piano had, if known
- Is the casework in original condition as far as you know
- Brief comments on the condition of the piano in general
Send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The piano taken from the front slightly to one side (for grand pianos please make sure the lid is up and the music desk is shown) – Grand / Upright
- Close-up of the keys and name – Grand / Upright
- Close-up of the front with the lid closed – Grand / Upright
- The serial number of the piano on the frame or elsewhere if you can find it – Grand / Upright
- About 10 hammers in the mid treble taken from above showing the indentation in the end of them – Grand / Upright
- The strings and tuning pins taken towards from the middle, showing where the strings are wound onto the tuning pins – Grand / Upright
- The soundboard behind or under the strings – Grand / Upright
- Any obvious defects
For a quote on your piano please click here with piano make, model, serial number, estimated age and pictures of the piano. Other makes of piano that we are looking for: Challen, Fazer (upright), Feurich, Gors and Kallman, Ibach, John Broadwood, Kaps (upright), Kawai, Kemble, Knight, Richard Lipp (grand), Sauter, Seiler, Steinway, Welmar,… Please enquire for other makes.